Happy FRIDAY! Woohoo! For today’s Friday Five, I want to talk about & review 5 Recent Purchases of mine…
1. Short Sleeve Striped Shirt: I just picked this shirt up at Nordstrom Rack, and I am so happy I found it! I think it looks identical to the Madewell one that I loved, but I didn’t love the price. This one is sooo affordable! I found it online too, enjoy! 🙂
2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in ‘Soft Brown’: You guys know how much I love Anastasia Beverly Hills brow products, as I have been a tried and true user of her Duo Brow Powder and Brow Wiz. I saw the amazing reviews on the Dipbrow Pomade, so I decided to give it a go — Guys, I don’t think I will go back! What I love most about it, is that it applies super easily, a very little goes a long way, and there is so. much. product. Worth every penny! I also like that it fills in my sparse areas on my brows better than the other two products. Win! If you are looking to try this product out, go a shade lighter than what you’d normally do. For instance, I use the Dark Brown duo brow powder, but I got the soft brown in the Dipbrow. It has a lot more pigment, and I am not trying to look like I have tattooed brows! 😉 I use the #12 brush to apply it. (This kit includes the dipbrow, brush & brow setting gel!)
3. Sam & Libby ‘Peyton’ Bootie: If I had to pick one ankle bootie to wear the rest of my life, I would definitely pick up Sam Edelman’s ‘Petty’ Boot in the putty color. I wore the crap out of them over the past year and a half (they go with everything and are so comfy!) and they are still in amazing shape. I had been wanting to pick up a pair of black ankle booties since this past winter, so I was super excited to see that Target came out with an identical pair of the Petty boot in black! Sam & Libby is exclusive to Target, and is owned by Sam Edelman, so they re-create a lot of the brand’s style shoes, but for more affordable prices. They were only $45, compared to $140 for the original Petty boot. I definitely believe the original is WORTH the splurge; I just had to take advantage of the low price, and am hoping they hold up well through the fall/winter season!
Side note: I still have and wear (all the time) a pair of Sam & Libby gladiator sandals that I got 2 years ago, and they have held up super well!! I have high hopes for these booties. 🙂
4. NYX Matte Lip Cream in ‘Stockholm’: I love the look of matte lip creams, but haven’t made too many purchases on them. I am still dying to try Kylie’s matte lip kits! I just hate paying shipping costs… feels like such a waste of money! Anyone else agree? I just can’t justify buying when I can’t try it or return it for free in case I don’t like it. So, after hearing about how great NYX matte lip creams were, I made a trip to Ulta. I picked up the shade ‘Stockholm’, which is a midtown beige pink, and I am super happy with it! It looks beautiful with the NYX Lip Liner in ‘Ever’. I learned about this combo via byobeauty.com (love Courtney!) It stays in place while eating/drinking and lasts super long. Not to mention, it’s such a great price!
5. Knit Open Front Vest in Gray: I picked up this vest during the #NSale, and while I know it’s no longer on sale, I still think it’s worth it’s full price! The gray sold out super quick and is finally back in stock. I actually had to call a Nordstrom in Florida to ship it out to me since it was sold out everywhere during the sale! Such great customer service though, and they had no problem doing that for me. Another reason why I love Nordstrom. 🙂 It’s no where near cold enough in Minnesota to wear it yet, but as soon as summer ends, I know it will be heavy in rotation. It’s super versatile, and looks great over a basic long sleeve shirt, tunic or flannel!
Any requests on what you’d like to see/hear for future Friday Fives? I love hearing from you and getting some fresh ideas! 🙂
This weekend is going to be a doozy! It’s jam-packed with fun activities, like a bonfire tonight with some close friends, another bachelorette party for a longtime girlfriend of mine, and ending it with a baby shower for my beautiful friend who is expecting her first. So much excitement!
SHOP THE POST: