So, it’s almost mid-July already?! What! Slow down summer… but not too slow, because we all have some shopping to do at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale that officially begins this upcoming Thursday, July 13th! Eeek! So. Dang. Excited. If you are a newbie at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, formerly known as the #NSale (they are no longer going with this term as of this year), then this post is for you! Dishing everything you need to know about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale…
What is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
It’s Nordstrom’s annual, one-of-a-kind event that lasts from mid-July to early-August (July 13th-August 6th this year), where you can shop BRAND NEW arrivals at SUPER sale prices. We’re talking brands like Tory Burch, Stuart Wietzman, Vince Camuto, T3, etc. that never go on sale, and of course your lower-end favorites like BP., Lush, Sun & Shadow, Leith… there are so many! And all the new arrivals are summer-to-fall/winter transitional pieces that you can buy now and wear later! Or even wear now too, depending on the item! (It’s been upper 80’s here, so I’ll save the discounted cashmere sweaters for fall ;)) Basically, it’s an incredible opportunity to purchase brand new items at up to a 1/3 of the full price until August 6th when the price goes back up! Think of it as Christmas in July. Seriously.
When does the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Begin? And what are the benefits of being a Nordstrom Card holder?
If you are a Nordstrom Card holder… which you TOTALLY should be… the sale will open up to you (and me!) on July 13th at 12am. The sale will open for Public Access on July 21st until August 6th. Okay, so thing is: most people will not even think twice about not registering for a store card because of worrying about debt, late fees, etc. But this one is literally hassle-free and well worth the short amount of time to apply for one today. It links up to your bank account, so you don’t have to worry about making payments on it and missing due dates. It’s like having another debit card on hand, but you only use it at Nordstrom! ZERO annual fees.
Also, there is an option to set it up as a Visa that you can use anytime, anywhere, which I am considering doing soon to reap the Rewards benefits! To give you a short and sweet summary about their Rewards, you earn 2 points per dollar spent in stores and online at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, Hautelook and Trunk Club. For every 2,000 points you earn, you’ll receive a $20 Note immediately after being approved, which is a gift certificate to use on anything and everything for the Nordstrom stores mentioned above! Bingo.
BONUS: If you need to apply for a Nordstrom Card, do it Before July 9th!! This will secure your spot for Early Access shopping (this is HUGE as lots of things sell out quickly). Plus, you’ll get a $20 Nordstrom note right away to spend at the Anniversary Sale! With this all being said, why WOULDN’T you get one? 🙂 *Just an FYI here – I am in no way getting paid or being sponsored by Nordstrom to tell you this. This is my honest recommendation and wouldn’t tell you all these details if I didn’t think it was 100% worth it to you!
What’s a good strategy to shop the sale?
- Take a peek at the Preview Catalog (this isn’t everything, but it will give you a look into some of the things that will be available!)
- Make a list of what you need for the upcoming fall and winter season. My list consists of boots (like ankle booties and over-the-knee boots! these go fast during the sale), high-quality jeans that will last, layering basics like cardigans, sweaters and tees, fall lip/make up kits, and home decor pieces because I love to decorate. 🙂 I also like to grab Tom some things in their Men’s department (Nikes, athletic polos, cologne)
- Prioritize your list, because popular items sell out fast! Shoes, bags and wardrobe basics tend to sell out the quickest, so I always start shopping these 3 categories.
- Set a budget – while you might get overwhelmed with everything available and everything that you are adding to your cart, you are saving yourself money later on when these pieces go back up to full price. It’s kind of like an investment for your wardrobe! Purchase the pieces now at sale price and reap the benefits of wearing them later when the weather cools down, and when the rest of the world starts shopping for fall and winter items at full price.
- Keep up with your favorite blogger’s Nordstrom Anniversary Sale posts – most of us go full-throttle with this sale and share everything you need to know about fit, sizing, how it looks on (hello, dressing room diaries!), and what recommendations we have. Take a look at my posts from last year HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, aaand finally HERE. See? Good stuff guys.
That’s all, folks. Hopefully I helped you better understand how big and great this event is! Let me know if you have any additional questions in the comments below or by emailing me! Stay tuned for my posts beginning July 13th, bright and early!
If you’re in the mood to snag some awesome summer deals, I rounded up my faves from Nordstrom below. 🙂