Being the product tester and aficionado that I am, I have found some skin care favorites that really work. My skin is a combination of dry & oily, which can be really frustrating to deal with! However, I have found that moisturizing your skin properly makes all the difference to combat both. I also deal with a little bit of acne, especially during that time of the month and when I eat a lot of cheese (bummer), but following this skin care regimen keeps my face from breaking out!
One of the best tips I can give you is properly taking off all of your makeup before bed each night and moisturizing! If you don’t, it really dries out your skin, clogs your pores (leading to breakouts) and ages your skin! No thanks. I sigh at the task of taking off my makeup at the end of the day as much as the next person, but you will thank your clear-skinned and youthful looking self later. 🙂
Another tip that I must include — drink your water, people! The benefits are plentiful, including hydrated and clear skin. I notice the difference in my skin, energy and appetite when drinking the adequate amount of water.
Now, onto my holy grail skin products:
- Simple Micellar Cleansing Water: This stuff is wonderful! I use it every morning to cleanse my skin before applying my moisturizer, and it also doubles as a makeup remover! What I love about this product is that it contains no harsh chemicals, dyes or perfumes (which can upset your skin), and it’s so easy and quick. I apply this with one cotton round (two if I am using this as a makeup remover), and there is no rinsing or drying required, saving you time and fuss. I have repurchased this item a few times and don’t plan on stopping! If you purchase anything from this post, let it be this product or the moisturizer (or both, if you know what’s good for ya ;)).
- Simple Micellar Makeup Remover Wipes: Very similar to the product above, but in the makeup wipe version. I use these often to take off my makeup if I am not using the micellar water. These are especially great for travel, because the micellar water tends to leak when traveling.
- Philosophy Purity Cleanser: I like to wash my face with either this cleanser or the next one that I am about to mention. It is a gentle cleanser that is great for taking away any traces of makeup that the Simple products missed, giving you an extra clean feeling on your face (and nothing beats that).
- Obagi Nu Derm Gentle Cleanser: While I love the Purity cleanser, I think this one might top it. This cleanser does the same things as that cleanser, but also lessens acne flares, signs of premature aging and future sun damage. I like to use this one especially when my skin isn’t being particularly nice to me!
- Murad Skin Smoothing Polish: This is a rich, exfoliating scrub that removes impurities and takes away dry skin patches without stripping your face of its natural moisture, revealing a more vibrant complexion. To use it, I just scrub a little bit of this polish on my face for about 30 seconds and rinse it off. I will use this about 1-2 times per week.
- Burt’s Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion: I can’t imagine parting with this moisturizer any time soon, I love it so much! I apply this morning and night (unless I am using the Glamglow Thirsty Mud at night) after cleansing my skin. It’s fast absorbing, revitalizes dry skin, and makes your face feel soft and supple while helping reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Faaaantastic stuff.
- Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado: I tried 2 other eye creams prior to purchasing to this one (Bobbi Brown & Origins), and this tops them both – I definitely plan to repurchase this when it’s empty! I use this each morning and night to hydrate my under eye area, and a little bit goes a long way. I liked the other two eye creams I tried, but this one felt the most moisturizing and does the job best in my opinion.
- Glamglow Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment: This is a non-drying hydration mask that works wonders! I use this before bed and wear overnight about 1-2 times a week for some intense hydration. When I wake up, my skin is glowing, refreshed and moisturized. This is an absolute must in the winter, after flying (the air is so dry in an airplane), and in the summer after you’ve had some sun exposure. A little goes a long way with this stuff, too. The Glamglow masks are pricey, so grab a free sample at your local Sephora to try it out first if you need more convincing.
- Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment: This mask is magic for clearing your skin from breakouts. It’s a drying mask that you leave on for about 20 minutes to unclog your pores, and then rinse off with water. You can also use this stuff as a spot treatment. I will use this about once every two weeks.
I know that was a ton of information to absorb! But I love talking skin care, especially when I can give these awesome recommendations. I am not getting paid to tell you about these products either, I just love them that much! I don’t mind spending a little more on skin care products, because it’s your face. And you only have one… so, take care of it; it’s the only one you’ll have your whole life. 🙂
Thank you for reading! Have a great Wednesday! xx
SHOP MY SKIN CARE FAVORITES: