The summer season is officially here, and I couldn’t be more excited! As the seasons change, so does my makeup – I love to play around with seasonal shades and also accommodate my changing skin per the weather. Anyone else’s skin super dry in the winter, and dewy/oily in the summer? Fortunately, refreshing your makeup for the season doesn’t have to cost a fortune, thanks to Walmart offering tons of amazing products from NYX Professional Makeup for under $20! I’m excited to partner with them to share some of the best products I’ve found. NYX is my all-time favorite drugstore makeup brand, because they have lots of different products to offer that perform really well; some even perform better than some of the high-end products I’ve tried! And it’s super convenient that Walmart.com is now offering FREE 2-day shipping on orders over $35… can I get an amen from my fellow online shoppers?! 🙂 Insider tip: I am big on reading reviews when contemplating the purchase of a beauty product, and Walmart.com has so many customer reviews in their beauty department, which helps make my decision-making much easier! The makeup products below are all under $20, and they did not disappoint! Some of them I have been actually using for years (Butter Gloss in Creme Brûlée, Matte Finish Spray, HD Blush), and others recently launched or are fan favorites!
Summer Makeup Must-Haves Under $20
- NYX Born to Glow in “Chosen One”: Hello, gorgeous summer glow! A little goes a long way with this stuff, and omg does it make a difference in your makeup look! I can’t go without a highlighter in the summer, and this particular shade gives the perfect, golden glow! I like to place it right above my cheek bones and have also used it as eyeshadow!
- NYX Butter Gloss in “Creme Brûlée”: My holy grail lipgloss that feels like butter! I will never be without this stuff. My favorite shade is “Creme Brûlée”, which is a beautiful nude/light pink, but I have tried multiple other shades in the collection and they are all amazing!
- NYX Total Control Drop Foundation: A very lightweight foundation with buildable coverage! The amount of drops will determine how much coverage you are looking for. I love that it’s blends in super well using either a makeup sponge, foundation brush, or just your fingers!
- NYX Matte Finish Spray: If your skin tends to get oily throughout the day, this spray will be your best friend! It helps your skin keep a “matte” finish, and bonus – makes your makeup last longer!
- NYX Love You So Mochi Eyeshadow Palette in “Electric Pastels”: While all the eyeshadow colors in this palette aren’t your typical “everyday” shades, they are so much fun for summer! My favorites are the pale pink, rose gold and bronze shades. When I play up my eyeshadow, I will use a fun color for my lid or under my lower lash line. For some fun inspiration, look on YouTube to find some fun looks others put together using this palette!
- NYX High Definition Blush in “Pink the Town”: Nothing makes a summer tan pop like a flush of a coral-pink on your cheeks! This blush was one of the first NYX products I have tried (and one of the first blushes), and I love it!
- NYX Matte Bronzer in “Deep Tan”: My face typically doesn’t get as tan as the rest of my body in the summer, because I really lather on the SPF on my face. That being said, I lean on a good matte bronzer to add more color to match the rest of my body! This one is nice and natural looking, and comes in a couple of different shades (the other shade is “Medium”, best for fair skin).
- NYX Eyebrow Gel in “Espresso”: If you are in the water this summer and want to make sure your brows stay on point (and not wiped away by waves!), this brow gel does such a great job of staying put! It’s also a great brow product in general, and comes in a variety of shades. All you need is an angled eyebrow brush (a dual sided one is perfect so you can utilize the spoolie, too), dip it into the product and apply to your brows.
- NYX Worth the Hype Mascara: I currently have eyelash extensions and am not currently using mascara, but I had to include this one in here since it’s highly raved about by many! Check out the reviews – it sounds like a really great affordable mascara.
- NYX Honey Dew Me Up Primer: The key to achieve the sought-after dewy, summer glow! Apply this underneath your foundation or wear on it’s own for a touch of radiance – the primer will also help your face makeup application go on super smooth and allow it last last longer! Those who have drier skin should definitely try this product out.
- NYX Pin-Up Pout Lipstick in “Lucy”: A perfect summer red lip! This has 4th of July written all over it – or any nautical parties you plan to attend. 🙂 It has glides on super smooth and has a beautiful pigment! If you want to make it even more versatile, you can use a lip brush or your finger to lightly apply a small amount to your lips for a flushed everyday red lip that isn’t as bold as it would look if you would apply it straight from the tube to your lips.
As always, thanks for reading! Are there any other NYX products I should know about that I haven’t tried yet? I love when you guys give me your recommendations! 🙂 Don’t forget to browse Walmart’s selection online, because they have it all!
Thank you Walmart for sponsoring this post! All opinions are my own.